Another in-depth coaching session focussing on developing an effective counter against the side kick.
FULL SESSION VIDEO
ABOUT THIS VIDEO
Mr Trotter coaches Miss Phillipa Henry through tactics employed against the lead leg side kick, such as using the body positioning to draw in the opponent.
The main counter attack is with the leading hand punch, then following up with a turning kick. Once mastered other techniques are added to the drill including the jab, back kick and reverse hooking kick.
This is an in-depth session showing how a drill is progressed until the student becomes proficient and able to use the counter in actual sparring.
- Body positioning to draw in the side kick
- How to block and attack at the same time by using "action - reaction"
- Working on the correct line to limit the opponent's choices
- Foot positioning to score points
- "Risk something to get something"
- Taking the distance you need to set up your kicks
- And MUCH MORE