FULL SESSION VIDEO
ABOUT THIS VIDEO
In this video Mr Brendan Doogan coaches two classes on breaking.
Firstly see how he teaches junior belts how to break in a way that builds their confidence and ability in a fun way. Then for the seniors Mr Doogan encourages the students to “go crazy” with the execution of their techniques to build the power required for big breaks. This is done alone, then with bags, then on the boards!
If you are interested in improving your breaking, or an instructor wanting a few new ideas for how to teach it, this video is for you.
- Practice! How to go from “terrible at breaking” to a World Champ.
- Side kick break from facing backwards
- Stamping through boards to gain confidence and the appreciation of the force required to break
- Front elbow, knifehand strike and side kick breaks
- Your back leg is where the power comes from
- Does it hurt?
- “Just Walk Away” AND MUCH MORE