These free clips are from a Coach Me style session by Master Paul McPhail
Won-Hyo Tul is the pattern required at green belt level. This Coach Me style video features 9 year old Riana Brown alongside World Champs medallist Miss Melissa Timperley.
It is not the intention of these videos to be unnecessarily critical, but more to teach a level of detail that may not be covered in a normal training session. By the use of slow motion we can highlight errors and offer suggestions for improvement.
Some of the points raised by Master McPhail in the video are:
The full video shows the full coaching session of the entire pattern.
- The importance of stance, and how the back leg of the L-Stance should be aligned with the back foot.
- Intermediate position of the twin forearm block.
- Height of the knifehand strike should be at neck level
- How to correctly prepare for the Bending ready stance A
- Minimising extra bounce or wasted motions in the movements
- How a neutral head position helps to maintain good balance
- How to sync the body and legs to achieve a solid stance
- Moving the hip in the same direction as the movements
- Intermediate position for the straight fingertip thrust
- Circular block execution and finished position